Anna Is An Emotion

Brother is a word, but Anna is an emotion. 

I agree with this very much. I have 3 older brothers, but I can't think of a time where they have actually been what a brother is supposed to be. 

One really important thing to remember is that 'Anna' doesn't have to be someone with whom you share blood. It's someone you choose to respect and admire. It doesn't matter whether or not you call them 'Anna.' What matters is that you make sure that they know how much they mean to you. What matters is that know how much you respect and admire and look up to them. 

Yes, you usually call a guy who's older than you this way. But think about it, auto Anna, tea-stall Anna, etc. They all have some sort of emotion attached to them. The auto driver Anna makes sure you reach your destination safely. "Take care and be safe," some of them say as they drop you off. The tea-stall Anna makes sure you have enough to eat. "Do you want anything else?" they ask.  Obviously, you aren't going to divulge all your secrets to them, but when they ask you, you feel a small sense of security. (I'm not saying the world doesn't have bad people. You do have to be careful.) 

To me, the word Anna is associated with safety - emotional, physical, etc. (Which is why I don't call just anyone "Anna".) There are no strings attached and it's unconditional. There is blind trust and the belief that he won't abandon me. There's the faith that he has my back. Anna is someone I call out for when I'm in need, when I'm happy or sad. I don't call many people that way. I don't trust many people with my emotions, but once I say the word "Anna," there's no going back. 

Anna stands beyond the word brother, especially now that blood-related brothers don't care much. (I'm not trying to throw shade on anyone here). He is someone who makes you feel like you can do it. They are your biggest supporter and will celebrate your successes. He will try to ensure we don't make the same mistakes they did. 

You can consider anyone your brother, but Anna is something different. Anyone can be your brother, but Anna reciprocates the love that you show and respects that bond. 

Anna... Thank you for being my big brother. Thank you for choosing to do so. (I could keep going but I'm not going to.) Thank you to all the big brothers out there. 

Comments

  1. I've been calling my big brother anna since forever. That place can never be taken by anyone else😁

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Remember that you are a Woman

A Tribute to My Seniors

Why does a girl need a brother, or at least a brother figure in her life?