A Tribute to My Seniors

 


Before I start, I’d like to say that this is a very personal post, dedicated to a few very special individuals. Anderlin, Sharan, Shane, and Mugunthan. Technically they are my seniors, but they have become something more. These guys are the reason I made it through the year and have become irreplaceable brother figures to me. I may not call them ‘Anna,’ but the respect they earned from me is immeasurable.

I still remember the first time I saw them. I was at an ethnic walk practice. It was only my second day there and I wasn’t very confident yet. The four of them weren’t around on the first day of practice. That’s when they arrived. They appeared, walking in a straight line. They looked so majestic and powerful that they scared me. They came to stand in front of me and I remember chills running down my spine. None of them were laughing at the moment (you’re not allowed to laugh or smile during an ethnic walk.) I was so intimidated by them. There aren’t words to describe how I felt when I saw them showcasing their walks.

Once I got to know them, I found out how amazing they are. My initial fear vanished almost instantly. I realized that they might have looked scary once, but on the inside, they were marshmallow-soft. They each taught me a lot of valuable lessons. Over the year, I’ve spent a lot of time with them and they are undoubtedly the best part of my year. They made my year memorable and they each deserve to be celebrated with pride. 

Mugunthan was always very jovial, no matter how much I teased him. He taught me to look at the bright side of things. He was the first one of them I talked to. He put me at ease with his causal smile. 



Shane earned my respect instantly since he looks a lot like one of my cousin brothers. He was always really busy but was very patient and calm (as far as I know.) He commanded respect from everyone he spoke to. He looks like someone who is not really approachable but he is one of the best guys in his class. He soon became someone I idolized.



Sharan is someone whose love language is messing around with me. My favourite thing to do with him was to call him evil – which I do twice a day. However, he stood up for me when I needed it the most, which I will always be grateful for. He is constantly teasing me but it just improves my resilience. One of my favourite memories with him is riding a bike. He taught me how to be strong. His cool and laid back nature is something I admire very much. 



Saving the best for last, Anderlin. Words can’t express the gratitude and affection I have for him. He was the one person who had my back all year. He became the brother that I always dreamt of having. He helped me settle into college. He built me back up piece by piece when I broke down. He is very patient and understanding. Never has he given me any reason to doubt him. He makes me feel safe in his presence. He taught me what blind trust felt like.  He taught me about self-love and how important it was. He made me feel comfortable in my own skin. He is the person I look up to the most, and I always will. 



The sight of them arriving at their farewell fete is something I can never erase from my mind. They appeared radiating power, just like the first time I saw them. I had déjà vu as I laid eyes on them. I was taken back to the beginning of the year. The only difference was that I wasn’t afraid anymore. They took my breath away and brought tears to my eyes.

I can’t end this tribute without mentioning another one of my idols, Harish. He was my mentor for the ethnic walk and is one of the most stylish guys I know. His patience and ability to teach is something I really admire and respect. 



Thank you guys for making this year so special. I will never forget you all. 

Xoxo…

Comments

  1. This.... I'm officially breaking character for this one😭😭😭 this one is too heart melting that I can't write this without breaking character 😭❤️ Thank you Lekhaa for being one of the best juniors ever. I only hope that you pass on what you've learnt from your seniors onto your juniors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is someone cutting the onions. No. I'm really emotional.. with happy tears with memorable moments I spent with you lekhaa .. ur the best junior I ever had.. nd I'm proud to be. How u being rising... Lots of love

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay u made me emotional ❤️Thank you so much

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well well gonna miss this kid fr

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Remember that you are a Woman

Why does a girl need a brother, or at least a brother figure in her life?