Loss of my Life

When you see the acronym 'loml', what would you think it means? Most people would quickly assume that it means 'love of my life.' When Taylor released the titles of her tracks, I knew loml wouldn't mean 'love of my life'. I thought it would mean 'lie of my life.' I didn't expect it to be 'loss of my life.'

I was mind-blown when I heard this lyric. Taylor says that losing this person was the greatest loss of her life. Throughout the album, the understands that it was for the best that the relationship ended. She might not be okay with it but she knows that she couldn't have gone on there. 

A message that I take away from these lyrics is that you have to get out of a toxic situation. It will hurt you very much and might be the worst kind of heartbreak that you will ever face. As Taylor said, it will be the loss of your life. It will always be the biggest 'what if' that you will have. 

Another theory is that loml might stand for 'lie of my life.' This is equally heartbreaking to think about. Imagine there is someone who promised you everything. They said that they would be with you forever. They said that you deserved the world and they assured that they would give it to you. Now, imagine that that person disappears from your life. They are gone. Poof. That would make everything that they promised you a lie. It's probably the best lie because you invested so much into it. 

These are some of my interpretations of 'loml.' I'd like to make it known that these aren't proven facts. They are just things I felt when I was listening to the song.

Comments

  1. Taylor has hit her fans' moodyness yet again... it's summer time sadness then🚶

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Remember that you are a Woman

A Tribute to My Seniors

Why does a girl need a brother, or at least a brother figure in her life?