Just Say "I Loved You The Way That You Were."

This is another lyric from The Tortured Poet's Department The Anthology. It's from the song "Chloe or Sam or Sophia or Marcus." The lyrics that I want to talk about read "If you wanna break my cold, cold heart just say, 'I loved you the way that you were.'" 

These lines touched me. I feel like Taylor is telling us that her lover didn't like the way that she changed. She says that telling her that he loved the way that she was in the past is basically telling her that he doesn't love how she is now. I mean, she could have had her reasons for changing. She has the eyes of the world on her and wouldn't do things without thinking things through. 

Yes. People change. If someone can't stick around to learn why, did they even love you to begin with? (I'm not commenting on Taylor's relationships here. I'm speaking in general.) I think that people have to be given the benefit of the doubt here. If some part of their character has changed - something that has been constant for a long time - I believe that they must have undergone some life-altering experience. 

I'm very opinionated about this topic because I wasn't given the chance to explain myself when something similar happened to me. Or rather, I could say that people only wanted to see the old me. They would have done anything to see that side of me again. They didn't understand why I changed the way that I did. They were very quick to judge and hate. 

When someone says that they loved the way that you were, it shows that they don't support your personal development. They don't understand that you very desperately need this change. 

Wow! Taylor is making a philosopher out of me. 


Comments

  1. Man your blogs suck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you don't have anything nice to say then don't! She has got the guts to type her words!

      Delete
    2. I mean they're not wrong lol it's just constructive criticism

      Delete
  2. Dear Lekha, loved this write up!! Keep writing! Waiting for more to come!!

    Alexa play "Haters gonna Hate Hate Hate, I am gonna Shake Shake Shake!" 😉👍

    ReplyDelete
  3. "If someone can't stick around to learn why, did they even love you to begin with?" Facts!!!💯

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Remember that you are a Woman

A Tribute to My Seniors

Why does a girl need a brother, or at least a brother figure in her life?