Dealing With Nasty Comments

Recently, I received a nasty comment and I was unsure about how I was supposed to deal with it. The comment was on a public platform, which made things even worse. My first instinct was to retaliate. The comment was pretty personal and it was hurtful.

I took a few deep breaths before making a decision. This is something that people should remember. Never make a decision when you are angry. I decided to be more mature than the person who posted the comment. If I retaliated – especially on such a public platform – how does that make me any better? All I would be doing is proving that they were right. I didn’t want to give anyone that satisfaction.

I’m okay with negative criticism, but this was personal. I decided to delete the comment.

When you are posting publicly, you have to be open to criticism. At the same time, you can’t let every comment get to you. You have to be the better person. You could just ignore the comment. Haters are going to hate. You don’t need to reply to the comment. That might just escalate the issue. Understand that people are misinformed (when you are completely sure that they are wrong.)

The most important thing is to maintain a clear head.

Comments

  1. Respect++ 🫡

    ReplyDelete
  2. Receiving criticism for a writer is truly a HUGE milestone!🥳🥳 You should really feel proud that your writing has started attracting haters who are quick to judge. Just keep proving those unfortunate souls wrong by sticking to your writing. You have a lot of people who are encouraging you✨

    ReplyDelete
  3. Receiving hate just proves how good of a writer one is.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Remember that you are a Woman

A Tribute to My Seniors

Why does a girl need a brother, or at least a brother figure in her life?