How to start writing


 

I am an aspiring writer myself and I remember how hard it was to start writing. There is the constant fear of worrying that people won’t like your writing. It’s easy to think of a single scene but hard to draft a whole story. Here’s what I did.

The first thing I did was decide on my theme and genre. I was very clear that I wanted to write fiction – since I was an avid fiction reader. The most important part about a theme is making sure you do your research. You have to know enough about your theme that you can build an entire book. For example, if you want to write about Greek Mythology, you have to know all about the gods and the Greek story of creation. You can’t make silly mistakes with the basic facts.

The next step is deciding who your main character will be. If you are a female writer and your main character is a boy, you have to know how a boy thinks and acts and vice versa. You also have to name your character. Bonus points if your name is related to your theme.

Next, you have to figure out the storyline. You have to decide on the conflict and think about how the character gets from the beginning to the conflict to the end. You also have to have a clear distinction between the protagonist and antagonist.

Then, you need to decide on the perspective that you want to tell the story from. My favourite perspective is the first-person singular. I feel like it makes the reader feel more involved in the story.

Then, you need to decide how to start your story. In my opinion, the beginning of the story is the most important part. A reader decides if they want to keep reading or not.

These are my tips on how to start writing. Go for it! Get started!

Comments

  1. I really wonder how talented writers must be. Just reading all this gave me a headache😵

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Remember that you are a Woman

A Tribute to My Seniors

Why does a girl need a brother, or at least a brother figure in her life?