After Sonnet 130

This morning, I got to do an activity in class to write a very short dramatic dialogue. There were only a few conditions. Firstly, it had to be kind of ‘verse-ish.’ Second, it had to have some kind of rhyme and try to have a rhythmic pattern. The example we were given was the translated version of Misanthrope.

Here’s what I wrote about. I thought about what might have happened between Shakespeare and the Dark Lady after he published Sonnet 130. Note: This is completely fictional. Enjoy, and I hope you like it!

Shakespeare: Your eyes are less radiant than the sun.

Dark Lady: Do you mean to say that they are not fun?

Shakespeare: You look as though you have wires on your head.

Dark Lady: Wires though they may be, they are not yet dead!

Shakespeare: I smell your breath’s reek when you are with me.

Dark Lady: You’re saying I stink! Ohh, I see, I see.

Shakespeare: Love, I mean you no harm. Please do not pout.

Dark Lady: Fine. Because you beg, I shall hear you out.

Shakespeare: I speak from love, for you’re beyond compare.

Dark Lady: Trying to gain my favor? Don’t you dare!

Shakespeare: My dear, I don’t jest. I love you. Don’t go.

Dark Lady: You claim to love me, but I do not know. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Types of People at LeTourneau

A Tribute to My Seniors

Athenavate