The Art of Consistency

I’ve always been a consistent writer, but now, as a Creative Writing student, it’s even more important.

Writing every day doesn’t just mean you have more to publish. It means that you have the discipline and dedication needed to make sure you pursue your craft seriously. I’ve been writing for years now. Sometimes, it’s just for me. Sometimes I erase everything I write or delete it. Other times, I might like it and share it with other people.

Here, what matters isn’t how much you write or what you write about. What matters is the fact that you keep at it. Through my writing journey, I’ve learned how important it is to keep going.

Consistency isn’t just about writing. It’s also about trusting yourself and being confident in your writing. It’s important to understand that you don’t need to listen to everyone else’s feedback. Sure, you can have beta readers and ARC readers. You can listen to some people you trust. But that doesn’t mean you need to listen to everyone. Your writing is yours. It is raw and emotional and personal. Feedback is good, but sometimes it can hurt. In those cases, my advice would be to trust yourself. It comes from you and that’s the most important thing.

One tip I’d give you to write consistently would be to set a word count for yourself and write that much everyday. What you write doesn’t have to be anything serious or profound. It can be as simple as your ramblings, your thoughts, etc.

Keep writing and you’ll come up with your masterpiece soon. Trust yourself. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Types of People at LeTourneau

A Tribute to My Seniors

A Guide to Research Presentations