Onboarding
I have been waiting to get here since last November, when I found out I was granted admission. Alliance University Bangalore.
I just got here today, and wow, was it one hell of a day. Today was just the onboarding. I got here around 10.30 and finished the entire process by around 1.15. Not long, all things considered.
I was surprised to see booths for each step of the process. Like... it wasn't one person doing the whole thing for you, but you had to move from table to table to finish the steps in order. That was fun. I think it took the edge off of waiting. It wasn't like you had to sit in one place and wait, but wait in multiple places. That made it seem shorter than it actually was.
After the tables came the hostel. I got assigned my room and went to check in there. The room is a typical Indian hostel room. I'm sharing it with one other girl, and she's pretty chill. After check-in, we went to have lunch. Here we means my parents and me.
They left after lunch. For a second, it hit me that this was it. I was here, and it was finally happening. I was finally here! That took my breath away, and not in a good way this time. I called a friend from back in Chennai to catch my breath.
After that, I got to work settling in. I unpacked and put my things away. I placed my stuffed friend - Cinnamon - on his perch to watch me as I worked.
And now... it's all done. I'm settled in and looking forward to the first day of orientation tomorrow!
Comments
Post a Comment