Those Eyes (Poetic Version)



Chocolate brown eyes, looking in mine
I want to call you mine
These eyes have the power to break or mend me
In their depths, I find my home and happiness 

I find my peace
I fell into the ocean of your eyes
You hold me captive, a net of adoration
All I could ever desire is looking back at me

Everything else disappears, and the world fades away
When I am ensnared by your gaze
Every doubt vanishes
Your eyes can lead me anywhere, and I will follow

These eyes look right into my soul
Stripping me bare
Reading every secret and unsaid thought
They read me and like what they see

These eyes soften under my gaze, and all anger disappears
I could spend forever there
Playful and serious at the same time
Mesmerizing me

These are eyes I trust and know
They are vulnerable and want my love
The world is finally on its axis
It's as easy as breathing

There is a promise there
"I loved the past version of you, I love the present version of you and I'll continue to love the future version of you," they vow.

(Earlier, I wrote something similar in prose. Today, I wanted to see how it would look as a poem. Here you go. Tell me what you think.) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember that you are a Woman

A Tribute to My Seniors

Just Say "I Loved You The Way That You Were."