Ray of Sunshine

One of my close friends is my literal ray of sunshine. This post is a tribute to him. So, this guy (I'm not going to reveal his name just yet) is someone who I smile at as soon as I see him. His booming laugh is something adored by many. It's something that's just part of his identity. When someone hears that sound, they instantly crane their neck around looking for this guy. 

He's not just my personal ray of sunshine, I'm sure everyone who knows him would say the same. It's just the relief that being in his presence brings. Whether he cracks a joke about you or in your presence, or he just sits next to you and says "Intha, saapduriya?" It's not about the things he does, it's just his presence. You know that when he's around, he's got your back. It's the reliability. 

He knows I don't eat much. Whenever he gets something when I'm with him, it's something I like. Inevitably, I end up eating something. He shoots me a knowing glance when I smile at him, faking innocence. "I knew you'd have it," he says. 

The day I met him still lives vividly in my memory. When our mutual friend introduced us, he said "Nee thaan antha Lekhaa vaa?" I was surprised to hear that this guy - who I had never met before - knew my name. He explained that he had seen my name pop up a lot in one of our department's WhatsApp groups. 

One of my favourite memories of him is when he was doing a 'ramp walk' at his farewell fete. Everyone who came before him had music played for them. This guy just swung his blazer over his shoulder and walked down the 'ramp.' The entire crowd burst into spontaneous applause. If that isn't a sign that everyone loves him, I don't know what is. 

He's just... a bright ray of sunshine. Things light up when he is around, including you. (Take it from me. When I'm down and in his presence, something or the other causes me to laugh uncontrollably.) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember that you are a Woman

A Tribute to My Seniors

Just Say "I Loved You The Way That You Were."