Nyx, Queen of Night Herself


"I am Nyx, the queen of night herself, the primordial force from which all darkness flows. Before the dawn, before the stars, I was. From the abyss I rise, my shadows veiling the world in silence and fear... When all light fades, all must return to me." 

So, I'm sure you are confused by now. I went to a cosplay event at Ethiraj college where I played Nyx. My teammates were all dressed as Greek Gods. The work we had chosen to portray was Theogony by Hesiod. 

For the past few weeks, I had put all my energy and effort into this event. I worked on the music, the formations, the dialogues, costumes, and everything in between. Finally, it was time to get on stage. I had spent all morning getting ready. When they called for my team, there was no time to be nervous. We got on stage and I checked out the stage dimensions. I instructed my teammates where they should stand and I signalled for the music to start. 

That was it. The gods descended from Olympus. Zeus and Poseidon entered first, their energy radiating from them. Then came Hestia, Demeter, Athena and Hecate. I waited for my cue and entered the stage. The two greatest Olympians got down on their knees for me and I sat on their arms like it was my throne. They picked me up and carried me to the centre of the stage. When they set me down, I threw off my veil, revealing my dramatically made-up face. I glared at the audience and brandished my fearsome black whip. My aura spread across the auditorium. 

Then it was time for the speaking part of the performance. Every worry I had disappeared. My teammates and I were flawless in our dialogue delivery. 

The only mistake we made was exceeding the time limit by 13 seconds. 

After our performance, so many people complimented me and my team for our performance. They told me how they immediately recognized our characters. They told me how my aura was malevolent, which is exactly what I wanted. I was so happy that I achieved what I wanted to. I wanted to radiate terror, fear, and darkness. And I did! 

The cherry on top was the third place prize that we won. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember that you are a Woman

A Tribute to My Seniors

Just Say "I Loved You The Way That You Were."