I Googled Myself And...


So, I googled myself today. I didn't have a specific reason to do so. I was just curious. When I hit the search bar, my published books came up. So did my LinkedIn profile. 

The most surprising thing I saw was that my books were listed on the Barnes and Noble page!

So, Barnes and Noble is a bookstore in the United States. They have retail outlets all over the country. I pretty much grew up in there. I loved visiting. My little sister had regular storytime sessions there. When she was occupied by the instructor, I would browse the shelves. I would take books off the shelves and find a cozy corner to curl up and read in. There was nothing weird about that. No one would look at me funny. I always loved reading. Bookstores and libraries were heaven to me. 

Now, this might seem like something pretty trivial. But, this was somewhere I grew up. And to see my work displayed there. It makes me want to go back to visit, just to see my book in one of the places I loved. It makes me feel like I've really achieved something. It renewed my passion for writing. I want more of my work to be displayed in one of my childhood haunts. 

It just makes me feel good and happy and floaty. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember that you are a Woman

A Tribute to My Seniors

Just Say "I Loved You The Way That You Were."