How Much Do I Love Thee?

So, my professor was teaching us the poem 'How Do I Love Thee,' by Elizabeth Barrett Browning (sonnet 43) in class. It was just so magnificent that I was inspired to write my own poem. I'm not really a poet, I'm more of a prose writer, but this poem inspired me. I sat down 2 hours later and tried to write. This is what I ended up with. (I'm sure there are some lines that are similar to the original piece. It's my first work of poetry, bear with me.) It's called "How Much Do I Love Thee?"

How much do I love thee?

I love thee in silence and peace.

I love thee through chaos and violence. 

I love thee with the intensity of my grief.

I love thee with purity. 

In thy eyes I find peace, 

In thy arms, lies my home. 

To the ends of the earth and beyond.

With everything I have and will have. 

I love thee when you are out of sight and in my arms. 

I love thee with my heart and soul,

I am thine. 

Now and forever more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember that you are a Woman

A Tribute to My Seniors

Just Say "I Loved You The Way That You Were."