A Poem on Gratitude

I was asked to write a poem on the depth of gratitude in my exam this morning. Here's what I ended up with. 

Note: It was written when I was on the clock. I wrote this out in ten minutes. I tried to make it kinda visually appealing as well. 

Here it is. 

Thank you for showing me the world,
                  for teaching me to fly,
           and for letting me learn.
Thank you for your patience,
                  for your attention, 
           and for your affection.
Thank you for showing me what love is,
                  for letting me know I'm worth loving,
           and for teaching me to love myself.
Thank you for your trust in me,
                  for giving me your heart and soul,
           and for being my prized possession.  
Thank you for loving me for me...

Comments

  1. Writing such an admiring poem, only in 10 minutes... Needs a delicate talent... Well written lekhaa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabricated in the most elegant way. A work of this magnificence which was written in fleeting moments definitely deserves praise.👏👏👏

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Remember that you are a Woman

A Tribute to My Seniors

Just Say "I Loved You The Way That You Were."