The Power of A Name

I say name, but I don't mean a legal name that's on documents. I'm talking about someone's nickname, or name that they like to be called. This name isn't something that everyone knows. It's something very personal and it probably has a story attached to it. 

The feeling you get when someone entrusts you with something as personal as their name is beyond compare. This just happened to me and I am high. 

For starters, the name in question is adorable. I had so much fun when I tried saying it aloud. It sounded so perfect for the person. I could visualize myself using that name on them a lot. I could see how it was perfect for them. 

Then, there's the way that the name makes that person feel. It probably makes them feel loved and adored. It takes them back to good times. It makes them feel safe and comfortable with you. That kind of emotional bond is special in any relationship. That kind of safety and security is essential to ensure that the relationship is strong.  

Then, there's the feeling of being trusted. They trust that you won't laugh at the name (no matter how it sounds). They trust that you will embrace it just like you embrace them... wholeheartedly. The level of trust they place in you makes you feel important. It makes you feel loved. It makes you feel like they want you to know these little things about you. It makes you feel like you are a part of them. 

You might think I'm making a huge deal out of nothing, but, to me, trust really important. I love knowing that people trust me. This is a big deal to me and I had to express my feelings. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember that you are a Woman

A Tribute to My Seniors

Just Say "I Loved You The Way That You Were."