Promise Me This Is Forever


Wow, the rain today was just magnificent. It reminded me of one of the most beautiful scenes from The Vampire Diaries. 

It's Damon and Elena. They are supposed to be camping and watching the shooting stars. It suddenly starts pouring. Elena wants to stay where they are. She really believes that the storm will clear up. Damon laughs, even though he doesn't really believe the same thing. They look at each other and smile. It's just so beautiful. They kiss under the pouring rain. When they pull away, Elena looks at Damon and asks, "Promise me this is forever?" I see such love in her eyes when she asks him that. It's pure trust. It's unconditional. It's all-consuming. It's the hope that this is forever. Elena looks at him expectantly and he doesn't fail to set the bar high. He smiles down at her and says "I promise."

The scene is so beautiful and you can really see the love between the characters. You can see passion. To me, it feels like it's not Elena and Damon, but the actors themselves. 

This is one of my favourite scenes in the entire show. Today's rain reminded me of that. I wanted to run out into the rain myself. I wanted to live out my wildest dreams. It just felt magical. It felt like anything could happen. I was simply exhilarated. 

I have no words to describe what I would feel under that rain, with that kind of passion. It would be magnificent. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember that you are a Woman

A Tribute to My Seniors

Just Say "I Loved You The Way That You Were."