They Can't Wait

I wanted to share a very heart-touching story that my professor shared with us in class today. The message of the story was that forgiveness and apologies can't wait. 

Here it goes... he recounted an incident that happened years ago. It was about one of his former students. This girl got into a tragic accident and passed away. During her funeral, her best friend was inconsolable with grief. At first, I thought that this was normal. Sorrow at her best friend's demise. He went on to tell us what she told him. She told him that she and her friend were fighting. Her friend had tried to apologize to her multiple times, but she didn't accept it. She was planning to apologize to her friend soon. "Where do I go apologize now?" she asked my professor. My professor was at a loss for words. 

I realized that we never know what's going to happen next. Our emotions - once we decide that we are going to act upon them - shouldn't be suppressed. I don't mean to say act impulsively. Take time to think about what you intend to do. Once you know what it is, don't hold back. You don't know what the next day holds in store for you. 

Comments

  1. I remember the same professor saying the same story in one of my lectures as well. It was a really heartbreaking one indeed😔 I feel really really bad for that girl. But it also makes you realise that anything could happen at any given moment. So, don't hide your emotions from the person you love. It might be too late to make them realise just how much you care for them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Remember that you are a Woman

A Tribute to My Seniors

Just Say "I Loved You The Way That You Were."