The Werewolves of Brooklyn: The Siege of the Dokkalfar

This is the title of a book that I'm on the verge of publishing. It's my first book and I'd love you all to give it a read. 

It's a story about a seventeen-year-old girl from Brooklyn, New York, Andrea Morgan. She is a stereotypical city teenager. She lost her mother when she was young and was raised by her dad, an FBI agent. There was always something unique about her. 

This is a typical coming-of-age story. This story has a strong platonic theme. It shows the love between siblings, even though they aren't related by blood. Through the course of the story, the protagonist learns what unconditional love is while she deals with loss and grief. Andrea finds her rightful place in her world.

This book is aimed at readers between the ages of 11-14. The main reason I wrote this book was that most of our supernatural (vampire and werewolf) media is A-rated. I wanted my work to be something that younger readers could enjoy. I wanted it to be something that parents would feel comfortable giving their children. Many children probably love the world of the supernatural but can't engage with it because of their age. I want my book to serve as an initiation into that beautiful world. 

The main themes of this book are werewolves and Norse mythology. 

I really hope you check it out. I'm sure it will be worth your while. 




Comments

  1. All the very best for your endeavour Lekha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your goal is high reaching and ambitious. I'm sure it'll reach the target audience in quite a little while. This is also a huge step as a writer to publish your very first book. Congratulations and keep at it. You're sure to inspire young readers and writers through your writing. Truly a momentous occasion for you that is a cause for celebration!🥳🥳🥳

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on reaching such a high-reaching and ambitious goal with your first book! Your achievement is sure to resonate with your target audience and inspire young readers and writers alike. This is a momentous occasion worthy of celebration. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Remember that you are a Woman

A Tribute to My Seniors

Just Say "I Loved You The Way That You Were."