Just Another Day

I woke up this morning with no motivation whatsoever. I had nothing to look forward to during my day. For a few moments, I contemplated whether or not it was worth waking up. I did have to get up though. I got out of bed and got ready for college - still not looking forward to anything. I thought it was just going to be another mundane day. 

My first two classes went by without action. My day became brighter when my brother woke up. He had an appointment and I got to accompany him. So, here's the thing... I hadn't seen my brother in a while and missed him quite a lot. I was pretty ecstatic to get to see him. I left campus to meet him. We had a chance to catch up as we were waiting. After the appointment, we drove around aimlessly for a while - which is something that we both enjoy. The best part was the light drizzle of rain. It reminded me of one of the first times we hung out. (It was pouring buckets that day.) As the rain picked up, we sought refuge at a friend's place... again someone I hadn't seen in a while. We spent some time lazing around there - again, not really doing much. We started to watch a movie and then ended up goofing around and laughing until our stomachs hurt - mine did. 

Today taught me that even days with the most mundane and boring beginnings can have something amazing in store. While my day was calm and relaxed, it was a welcome change from my regular routine. It was unexpected and out of the blue. 

Comments

  1. It's pretty extraordinary that we even GET to experience a mundane day. I mean, what are the odds of us existing at this very moment? And it's even more extraordinary that we get to wake up and experience a new day. We must be thankful for every moment we get in this mortal coil.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Remember that you are a Woman

A Tribute to My Seniors

Just Say "I Loved You The Way That You Were."