You Didn't Let Me Feel Lonely

The inspiration for this post actually comes from two of my professors. For the sake of their personal anonymity, let's call them Professor A and Professor B. Professor A was telling the class a story about Professor B's first day working in college. So, Professor B was waiting outside the department room while Professor A noticed that he had been standing there alone for quite a while. Professor A invited Professor B inside the room and offered to give him some company. Later, Professor B thanked Professor A for his company and said something along the lines of "You didn't let me feel lonely," in gratitude. (Please excuse me if I didn't quote the sentence exactly.)

When I heard this, I was reminded of a couple people in my own life who have never let me feel alone. These people remind me that I don't have to do everything on my own. They make sure I don't get lost - metaphorically. These few people make things worthwhile. 

I consider myself very lucky to have them. It's not just that they give me company during the day, there's more to it than that. They encourage and support me in my endeavors - my blogging for instance. They push me to chase my goals. They celebrate my successes by my side while making sure that I know that they will stand by my side no matter what. 

When my professor told the class this story, these are some of the thoughts that raced through my mind. I realized that no matter what I feel at the moment, I am never really alone in this huge, scary world. 

Comments

  1. Having friends that make your day less shittier are a gem.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Remember that you are a Woman

A Tribute to My Seniors

Just Say "I Loved You The Way That You Were."