My Wattpad World

When you see the word Wattpad, you probably think of an amateur writer. You probably think of someone who writes fanfiction. I, however, had a purpose when I started to publish on Wattpad. I had my own original work that I worked on for months.

I had a children's book all written and ready to go. I felt like my work was ready to see the world. (Yes, I knew that a 12 year old wouldn't be on Wattpad, but I had to start somewhere, didn't I?) However, I didn't have a way to get it published. There was a phase when I read Wattpad regularly. Now, I finally had something to contribute. I decided to start proofreading and publishing my work. 

My work was meant to be a children's version of a supernatural story. The world of supernatural literature is A-rated, but there are kids interested in it. That's what inspired me to write. I wanted to write something that was age-appropriate for a child of about 12 years of age. 

A friend of mine was the one who gave me the final push that I needed to publish. I asked her whether she had published before and whether or not she thought it was worth it. She shared her positive experience with me and gave me confidence that I would be able to do it. She went on to agree to find gaps in my plot and let me know if there was something lacking. 

Now, with the help of my professor, I'm almost ready to send my completed manuscript to an actual publisher. I'm just waiting for my friend, and my beta reader, to give it the 'okay.' (Yes, I will be taking my work off Wattpad before I send it to the editor.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember that you are a Woman

A Tribute to My Seniors

Just Say "I Loved You The Way That You Were."