My Mountain


 My favourite spot to hang out with my best friend is at the edge of a mountain in Tambaram. I don’t want to mention the location to protect the serene beauty of the place. It’s a 10-minute drive away from the MCC campus to the bottom of the mountain. It takes about 15 minutes to climb to the top. (Well, that depends on your stamina. It takes me around 15 minutes.) The climb is hard and can leave you breathless, but the experience you get at the top is unbelievable.

My friend and I believe that the climb is worth it. At the top, there is a temple, past which there is an outcropping of rocks. Luckily, there are some trees that provide shade and an occasional breeze up there.

The view is one of the best parts of it. The picture I’ve added to my blog was taken at the vantage point on the mountain. You can see for miles. There are a lot of buildings and you can also see planes going in for a landing. There is also a water body there (we aren’t sure which one it is yet.)

My favourite thing about this mountain is the peace being there gives us. We barely notice time passing up there. It’s where we’ve had some of our most serious and open discussions. It’s where I usually see my friend’s true self. We are rarely disturbed up there and I feel like that gives us a chance to open up to each other. It offers us a place where we aren’t afraid of judgment and can just be ourselves.

I’m really thankful I heard of this place and I’m thankful to it for everything it has given me. 

Comments

  1. Sounds like quite the serene place. Maybe I should pay a visitšŸ¤”

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Remember that you are a Woman

A Tribute to My Seniors

Why does a girl need a brother, or at least a brother figure in her life?