How to Blog

 

I realized recently that everyone has been blogging, but no one has any tips on how to do it. I decided to tell you what I did, in hopes that it would be useful to anyone who wants to start a blog of their own. (This might not work for everyone but these are what I do.)

The first thing I had to do was pick a title. I started blogging when all I wanted was some quality girl time. I was deprived of female company for a long time. I wanted to remember what it felt like to be a girl again. I was talking to one of my classmates about this and my blog when it clicked. “I just wanna be a girl,” I told her. ‘That is an amazing name for a blog,’ I thought. I asked for her opinion and she said it sounded really cool. I ran it by my best friend as well. With their positive comments, I decided to go for it.

The next thing I had to decide was what I would write about. At first, I wanted to remind girls of things that they might have forgotten. Later, I realized that I couldn’t write about that over and over again. So, I decided to write about things I like and present them in a way that other people would find attractive. As a literature student, I tried to analyze song lyrics. I tried to draw up character sketches and comparisons about characters from a popular TV show (namely, The Vampire Diaries.)

I soon realized that I couldn’t think of topics on the go. I sat down and thought of a bunch of topics that I could write about, instead of wracking my brains right before I had to post my blog.

Then, I had to decide whether I wanted to be objective or subjective. I decided that the amount of personal touch I used depended on the topic I was writing about. I was firm in my resolve to add some subjectivity in all my blogs, to make it my own.

All that was left to do was to write my first blog post – which I did successfully!

Comments

  1. Quite the inspiration! I hope more people are inspired to do the same. After all, YOU write your history. Not others.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Remember that you are a Woman

A Tribute to My Seniors

Why does a girl need a brother, or at least a brother figure in her life?