Remember that you are a Woman

 


Yes, I am one of those girls who spends most of her time with guys. That doesn’t mean I don’t need to remember the fact that I am a woman. Until recently, I thought I would be totally fine with spending all my time with a group of boys. At one point, I found myself deprived of all the things that made me a woman. I didn’t feel respected as a woman. Even though I had a group of male friends around me, I felt an extreme need for female companionship. There are just some things you need another girl for, right?

I needed a girl to gossip to. I needed to moan and whine and just talk about the guys in my life. It might sound shallow, but I think it is one of the basic needs of a woman. When I was reading “Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus” by John Gray, I noticed how he claimed that women need to be listened to to be validated. That obviously means having someone to talk to. What better place to go to than another woman who makes you feel validated. The world needs more women who motivate other women when they are in need.

I don’t mean to say that men aren’t good listeners. In my experience, men can also be patient and listen to what you have to say. But, like I said earlier, sometimes you just need a girl. You need a female perspective. Some quality ‘girl time’ can make all the difference. It doesn’t need to be long and it doesn’t need to be planned out. Just being in the presence of other strong women can feel empowering.

Remember to embrace your femininity!


Comments

  1. We mustn't lose sight of ourselves in this chaotic world. Not having a companion with you who understands and cheers you in your silent battles can be mind-numbing. Truly an eye-opening take on this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is the women who inspired me, encouraged me, made me smile, made me feel that there is someone who cares about me.Though we weren't actually speaking with eachother for years,you still got a spl place in my so called IDHAYAM 🫀

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute to My Seniors

Why does a girl need a brother, or at least a brother figure in her life?